13.1.07

Nicht handzahm (15): Fressen Katzen Fledermäuse?

Das fragte sich schon Alice, als sie durch den Kaninchenbau fiel und an ihre Katze "Dinah" dachte:
Down, down, down.  There was nothing else to do, so Alice soon
began talking again. `Dinah'll miss me very much to-night, I
should think!' (Dinah was the cat.) `I hope they'll remember
her saucer of milk at tea-time. Dinah my dear! I wish you were
down here with me! There are no mice in the air, I'm afraid, but
you might catch a bat, and that's very like a mouse, you know.
But do cats eat bats, I wonder?' And here Alice began to get
rather sleepy, and went on saying to herself, in a dreamy sort of
way, `Do cats eat bats? Do cats eat bats?' and sometimes, `Do
bats eat cats?' for, you see, as she couldn't answer either
question, it didn't much matter which way she put it. She felt
that she was dozing off, and had just begun to dream that she
was walking hand in hand with Dinah, and saying to her very
earnestly, `Now, Dinah, tell me the truth: did you ever eat a
bat?' when suddenly, thump! thump! down she came upon a heap of
sticks and dry leaves, and the fall was over.
Beim Katzenkind deutet sich an, dass die Frage mit "Ja!" beantwortet werden kann, sie beherrscht nämlich den Volley. Wenn man eine (grüne) Spielmaus über sie hinweg wirft, fängt sie die Maus schon in der Luft.

Darüber hinaus kann sie auch apportieren: wenn man die Maus vom weitem wirft, bringt sie sie meistens zurück.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen